Back when I would day dream for hours…


I want my innocence back
Back when I would day dream for hours…
How I would face any problem with calm, cool, and grace. Anything that came my way I could face it without flinching. I would be courageous!
I wouldn’t be weak, I would be strong and protective of everything I love.
I would know the answer to every question “There’s nothing I can’t do or learn to do!” I would shout.
And those days when I dreamt about what love could be to me.
I would fall in love with the first man that ever touched his lips to mine. I wouldn’t settle for lust. And passion would be an every day platter. Even though it’s so naïve, it is so comforting, so natural. My life now faces harsh realities,that sugar coated image that you tried to paint, is far from here. I have made unimaginable compromises. I am no longer innocent.
Life is not easy for any of us. Am I wry right? We must have determination and above all confidence in ourselves. We have to believe that we are gifted for something, like a mission, and that this thing must be conquered. Even if it costs us our inocence.


So, dear innocence, can’t you see I can’t afford to spend endless hours day dreaming?

Comments

Leila Lukács Salvado said…
When you'r getting old your dreams change... but you still dream...
Always keep your child inside of you...
beijinhos

Popular Posts